The passing of Queen Elizabeth II has been a deeply saddening moment for millions of people across the globe. For those in the US, here are details about where you can watch coverage of the state funeral.
The BBC is currently live-streaming on its digital channels the lying-in-state of Queen Elizabeth II, who died on September 8, 2022, at the age of 96, three months after her Platinum Jubilee. With her reign of nearly 71 years (70 years, 214 days), she was the longest-reigning of all the British monarchs. This live-stream will continue through to The Queen’s state funeral.
To watch coverage of Queen Elizabeth II’s state funeral at Westminster Abbey on Monday, September 19, 2022, US-based viewers can tune in to:
- BBC America — The network will air the funeral live and uninterrupted starting at 4:00 AM ET.
- BritBox North America — The streaming service will live-stream the funeral starting at 4:30 AM ET.
- The BBC’s YouTube channel, and the ones for the national US news stations (times vary).
Additional programming leading up to the state funeral includes:
- “Good Morning Britain” — BritBox will continue to live-stream this news program’s extended coverage of ceremonies and remembrances of Her Majesty, The Queen, on September 15-16 and 18-20. (Note: This coverage will be looped until end of day.)
- “A Tribute to Her Majesty The Queen” — BBC America will air this special, featuring interviews with The Queen’s children, those who have worked with her, and public figures, on Sunday, September 18, from 8:00-9:30 PM ET, with an encore presentation from 11:30 PM-1:00 AM ET.
As an affiliate of Amazon and other companies, ads & affiliate links on this blog allow us to earn income from qualifying actions and purchases (at no extra cost to you).