Ovation TV announced today the expansion of its Mystery Alley brand with the launch of a 24/7 FAST channel dedicated to international mystery programming.
Prior to launching the Mystery Alley FAST (free, ad-supported streaming TV) channel, arts and culture network Ovation had expanded JOURNY, its travel-focused FAST channel.
Now with Ovation’s Mystery Alley FAST channel, stateside fans of international crime and detective dramas can binge-watch 400 hours worth of mystery- and crime-themed programs, including popular British and Canadian series The Fall, The Hour, Midsomer Murders, and Murdoch Mysteries — available 7 days a week, around the clock.
Mystery Alley is currently available as a FAST channel on Plex, DistroTV, and Freebie.tv, as well as via the Ovation NOW app on Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and Android. (More platforms will be added in the near future.)
Said Will Marks, SVP of Business Development and Digital, Ovation TV:
“We’ve had exponential success in the FAST ecosystem with our travel channel JOURNY. Now, with Mystery Alley, we are pleased to bring even more premium content to our new FAST channel partners and look forward to announcing more soon as we continue to expand our digital footprint.”
Added David Wideroe, SVP of Marketing, Ovation TV:
“Mystery Alley has featured some of our most bingeable content ever, and our viewers are true fans who funnel from one series to the next. Our Saturday night linear destination continues to deliver our highest ratings and Mystery Alley is our top performing category in AVOD, where the average viewer tunes in for more than 120 minutes. With FAST gaining such momentum overall this is a natural evolution.”
The Mystery Alley brand originally launched in late 2020 as a Saturday night linear destination on Ovation TV and as an AVOD destination within the Ovation NOW app. Today the FAST channel features premium mystery and crime series and films, as well as other international TV fare, from multiple continents.
Series titles include the following:
- The Blue Rose — A contemporary, smart investigative drama from New Zealand in which the lowly back-room office staff join forces to fight for justice in a corrupt corporate world.
- The Code — A conspiracy thriller set in the Australian outback that kicks off with a truck accident that causes a political scandal.
- Crossing Lines — This drama sees a special crime unit investigate serialized crimes that cross over European borders and hunt down criminals to bring them to justice.
- The Fall — A psychological thriller that examines the lives of two hunters: one a serial killer who preys on victims in and around Belfast, Northern Ireland, the other a female detective drafted from the London Metropolitan Police to catch him.
- Hooten & The Lady — An adventure drama series that follows a British Museum curator who teams up with a charismatic, roguish American adventurer in a series of global treasure-hunting escapades.
- The Hour — A behind-the-scenes drama and espionage thriller set in Cold War-era England that centers on a journalist, a producer, and an anchorman for an investigative news program.
- King — A drama about a veteran police officer who gets promoted to head of the Major Crimes Task Force in Toronto after her predecessor has a breakdown on television.
- McCallum — A mystery series that follows a team of brilliant pathologists who help the dead tell their stories from within the morgue at St. Patrick’s Hospital in London’s East End.
- Midsomer Murders — Based on Caroline Graham‘s “Midsomer Murders” novels, this series follows the efforts of a DCI and his DS sidekick to solve crimes that occur in the wealthy, isolated English county of Midsomer.
- Murdoch Mysteries — Based on Maureen Jennings‘s “Murdoch Mysteries” novels, this series sees Detective Murdoch use up-and-coming forensics techniques and an unconventional approach to solve the challenging murder cases that arise in late 1890s and early 1900s Toronto.
- Rebus — Based on Ian Rankin‘s “Inspector Rebus” novels, this series follows the exploits of DI John Rebus, who solves grisly crimes on the streets of Edinburgh.
- Remedy — This drama goes beyond the OR and ER with “upstairs/downstairs” points of view behind the scenes of Toronto’s Bethune General Hospital.
- Republic of Doyle — This dramedy follows a father-and-son pair of private investigators in the sleepy port city of St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- Secret State — In this mystery-thriller inspired by Chris Mullins’s novel A Very British Coup, an industrial accident kills numerous people in Teesside in the north of England, which raises many questions and leads to the discovery of a conspiracy within the UK political system.
- The Strange Calls — In this Aussie comedy series, the new night duty desk officer in Coolum Beach finds himself investigating strange, supernatural occurrences.
- Sue Thomas F.B.Eye — This light Canadian-American crime drama follows a deaf woman who works at the FBI.
- The Village — This epic drama charts the turbulent times experienced by one English village throughout the 20th century.
And the films available on the Mystery Alley FAST channel, which feature acting talent such as Matthew Rhys, Jennifer Finnigan, Angie Everhart, Nastassja Kinski, and Ioan Gruffudd, amongst others, include these titles:
- Another Life (2001)
- House on Haunted Hill (1959)
- Little Ashes (2008)
- Mary Higgins Clark: All Around the Town (2002)
- Mary Higgins Clark: The Cradle Will Fall (2004)
- Mary Higgins Clark: Haven’t We Met Before? (2002)
- Mary Higgins Clark: He Sees You When You’re Sleeping (2002)
- Mary Higgins Clark: Lucky Day (2002)
- Mary Higgins Clark: Pretend You Don’t See Her (2002)
- Mary Higgins Clark: Try to Remember (2004)
- Mary Higgins Clark: You Belong to Me (2002)
- A Model Daughter: The Killing of Caroline Byrne (2009)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- The Scapegoat (2012)
- The Shadow Island Mysteries: Last Christmas (2010)
- The Shadow Island Mysteries: Wedding For One (2010)
- True Crime: Venus and Mars (2015)
For more information about Ovation’s Mystery Alley, visit https://www.ovationtv.com/collections/mystery-alley/.
As an affiliate of Amazon and other companies, ads & affiliate links on this blog allow us to earn income from qualifying actions and purchases (at no extra cost to you).
Share this post/page.