Mark your calendars for the third season of Frankie Drake Mysteries, which premieres on Ovation TV this April.
The new season finds Frankie Drake (Lauren Lee Smith, This Life, The Listener) and Trudy Clarke (Chantel Riley, Pearson, Wynonna Earp), partners in the Drake Private Detectives agency, taking on more challenging cases and facing off against some impressive foes.
They continue to rely on the assistance of Morality Officer Mary Shaw (Rebecca Liddiard, Alias Grace) and pathologist Flo (Sharron Matthews, Murdoch Mysteries), who are always ready to lend a hand by snooping through police files or sneaking a peek at an autopsy report. Mary’s newfound confidence, both at the police station and in life, pushes her toward exciting new professional goals. Meanwhile, Flo finishes the in-class portion of medical school and looks forward to her in-hospital clinical training, all while juggling a long-distance beau and the varied demands of Drake Detective cases.
As for the lead crime solvers, Trudy takes on some hair-raising risks as she works to solve cases, while Frankie continues to lead the team with aplomb and ingenuity. On the personal side of things, Trudy’s love life with Bill Peters (Romaine Waite, Star Trek: Discovery) heats up, and Frankie explores a romantic connection with boxer Moses Page (Emmanuel Kabongo, Ransom).
Work-wise, their cases involve the new mystery novelist Agatha Christie, a mermaid-themed jazz club, swanky Toronto private schools, busy telephone exchanges filled with busybody operators, and more.
Below is the Ovation TV schedule for Frankie Drake Mysteries: Season 3, as well as episode synopses. All air dates are Saturdays at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT.
- April 4 — “No Friends Like Old Friends” — After her wartime friend goes missing in London, Frankie must work with Agatha Christie (Honeysuckle Weeks, Foyle’s War) to uncover the reason behind the disappearance.
- April 11 — “Counterpunch” — Frankie takes her boxing skills to the mat as part of a plan to take down a corrupt cop who’s been extorting Ward residents.
- April 18 — “School Ties, School Lies” — To find the killer of a beloved teacher at a swanky private school, Frankie enlists the help of a precocious student.
- April 25 — “A Brother in Arms” — Frankie is floored when a man claiming to be her half-brother shows up at the agency, begging her to help his wrongly imprisoned friend.
- May 2 — “Things Better Left Dead” — Frankie concocts a chilling ruse to expose a man who claims he can speak to the dead.
- May 9 — “Life on the Line” — When a toy store owner is the target of a harassment campaign, the gang goes undercover at a telephone exchange to nab the culprit.
- May 16 — “Out on a Limb” — When a showgirl dies, Frankie’s investigation leads her to go undercover as a server at a mermaid-themed nightclub.
- May 23 — “Ward of the Roses” — The detectives investigate who firebombed the campaign office of a female politician.
- May 30 — “A History of Violins” — When a priceless violin is stolen, the Drake Detective Agency tracks down the culprit.
- June 6 — “A Sunshine State of Mind” — Frankie and co must outcon a conman who’s stolen money from Nora (Wendy Crewson, October Faction) and Mildred (Karen Robinson, Schitt’s Creek).
Episodes will also be available on Ovation NOW as well as video on demand.
Share this post/page.
Outbound links on this page include non-affiliate links and affiliate links; the latter allows us to earn income for qualifying purchases and actions made through the links.